Pavol Jozef Safarik University forms part of an historic academic region of Košice known as Universitas Cassoviensis, established in 1657. UPJS is one of the most prominent educational and scientific institutions in Central Europe. The university has a long history of academic success. It consists of the faculties of Medicine, Science, Law, Public Administration and the Faculty of Arts. It hosts over 7,300 students, out of which 1,300 are international students. The Faculty of Medicine consists of approximately 70 units: institutes; departments; scientific research and experimental workplaces; and, special-purpose facilities. It offers two international programs: the general medicine international program and dental medicine international program. There are approximately 220 highly trained academic and teaching staff. The Faculty can offer students a unique link between theory and practice by allowing students to have direct contact with patients whilst also giving them access to modern treatment methods at several medical institutions.
IMS and UPJS have worked closely since 2006 to make the general medicine and dentistry courses on offer of the highest international standards. We are proud to have collaborated on the courses on offer and to have facilitated the achievement of hundreds of successful graduates from our programs.
• UPJS Puts Great Emphasis on Students Accessing High Quality Practical and Academic Training Students acquire specialist knowledge in theoretical, pre-clinical and clinical subjects through lectures, seminars, clerkships, specialist practice, consultations and field trips.
• It is Imperative that Students Have Access to Good Clinical Training Facilities The Faculty of Medicine has several key partners including the Faculty Hospital of L. Pasteur in Košice and six other local medical facilities and health care institutions.
• UPJS is Internationally Recognised UPJS is a member of the prestigious European University Association (EUA) which is an influential leader in university education worldwide. UPJS has an excellent ranking in “University Ranking by Academic Performance” and the “Worldwide Professional University Rankings RankPro”.
• UPJS Conducts Leading Research UPJS has a top scientific team in the field of medicine led research projects, EXTASY (Excellent Team for Atherosclerosis Research).
• UPJS Offers Outstanding Facilities for the Best Student Experience The University campus is modern and spacious with many excellent facilities at your disposal. As you would expect in such a tailored campus, you will also find a café, canteen, small shops, a medical centre, a bank and pharmacy for your everyday requirements. This makes for a friendly campus environment entirely geared to students.